Dominion Golf & Country Club 30th Anniversary


"Dominion Golf Course was built by Nick White in 1929"


"It's popular for its elevated greens and wide forgiving fairways"


"The fully mature layout is both challenging and rewarding, appealing to golfers of all handicap levels."

History

A nine-hole course, Dominion Golf Course was built by Nick White in 1929; former owner Dan Uzelac expanded the course to 18 holes in 1961. Since 1987, current owners Franco and Angela Meo has have been operating, maintaining and altering Dominion Golf Course to maintain a quality of excellence and produce new challenges for players of the old course. Located on 120 acres, at 6,149 yards and par 70, it's popular for its elevated greens and wide forgiving fairways. The fully mature layout is both challenging and rewarding, appealing to golfers of all handicap levels. The golf course has a small pro shop, which carries basic golfing needs.

The best hole of the course is No.6, a par four; 428 yards dogleg left.  A perfectly placed drive makes it easier, but on the whole an outstanding test. On the other hand, No.10, par four; 447 yards slight dogleg left is one of the toughest holes in the course. Tee shot for this hole is crucial but 90 percent still never reach the green in two. These and several other holes are difficult pars but this is a very forgiving course. League play is the backbone of the course, this has been a tradition since the course was expanded to 18 hole in the 60's. Dominion Golf Course is located 20 minutes south of downtown Windsor, Ontario, 2 miles south of Hwy 401.

© Dominion Golf & Country Club

home